RDF3 Series: Remote Data Front-end
The right solution for a total control
RDF3-ETH (Remote Data Frontend with embedded Ethernet port) is the data collection equipment installed inside transmission and reception sites where you have a DSL connection available. It’s the heart and the hands of the Garda remote control system. Uncompromised reliability, versatility and modular structure are RDF3-ETH main characteristics. RDF3-ETH is the ideal solution whenever you have a DSL connection and a lot of mixed analog and digital data and controls to manage. RDF3-ETH can be expanded to manage an incredible amount of data, both physical and software:
- Up to 256 analog inputs (8, 10, 12 or 16 bit resolution), up to 248 digital inputs (onoff), up to 256 relays (digital output) and up to 32 x 10bit resolution analog outputs. They are configurable, both locally and remotely, and are programmable to generate alarms or run simple routines, called macros. Furthermore, the I/O state can be read, both on site and remotely, at any time.
- Direct RS485 SW connection with third party equipment
- Direct SNMP SW connection with third party equipment interfaced with SNMP to SNMP Proxy (ANT 137).
Analog inputs have 6 programmable thresholds: 2 alarms, 2 pre-alarms and 2 record thresholds for historical recording.
Contact closure inputs can be set as open or closed. The optically isolated RS485 interface, together with I/O expanders and ANT universal protocol bridge, can connect practically any kind of third party equipment, making RDF3-ETH the ideal partner of broadcasters, where many kind of old and new equipments are used without de facto any interface standard. Alarms are sent immediately to the control center software, the NetPOD, which will activate warning procedures via SMS, phone calls, and e-mail according to timelines, responsibility, area, etc. Should the control center not be momentary in reach of the remote system, RDF3-ETH main memory will store a queue of 500 alarms to grant the RDF3-ETH with a long off-line autonomy.
The connection to the control center will use the DSL connection, while an optional backup media can be set in active standby, and automatically switched to in case of failure of the main communication media.
- RS232 half or full duplex up to 57kbaud asynchronous (*)
- GSM modem (M2M)
- PSTN modem
- Wireless UHF with “store and forward” mode
- Wireless VHF with “store and forward” mode
- Dedicated audio channel, mono and bidirectional (radio links)
- Modem baseband (4 wires)
- GPRS modem
- CDMA modem
(*) This media will always be present
BACKUP COMMUNICATION MEDIA
Backup media not available in light series;
please see RDF and RDF-ETH models.
BASE UNIT CHARACTERISTICS
- Nr. 8 analog inputs w/ 8 or 10 bit resolution, input voltages from 0 to 5 VDC
- Nr. 8 optically isolated digital inputs 5mA (max 24V) w/ selectable polarity
- Nr. 8 single state output relay, max current 1A @ 24 VCC.
- Nr. 6 internal inputs for auto diagnostic purposes
- Nr. 1 RS232 port for general purposes or modem connection
- Nr. 1 RS232 for PC connection
On low cost series the RS485 port is not available.
Please refer to RDF and RDF-ETH models for additional expansion slots.