Modem Rack is a very useful and user friendly enclosure designed to accommodate GSM/GPRS modems.
It has two main uses: in the control center to host the modems in charge of sending SMS alert messages to the maintenance technicians; in both the control center and the broadcasting sites to connect and exchange data between the NetPOD Manager SW and the remote RDF units. It is most used at the control center, but it can be useful also on the broadcasting site, whenever a RDF is installed: that's why it is manufactured in two models. Modem Rack: designed for the broadcasting site, it contains nr.1 modem, generally used as backup connection to the control center. The power is supplied directly by the RDF unit, through the Backup media port RS232 on the back of the RDF. Modem Rack Powered: designed for the control center, it can accommodate up to nr.2 GSM modems, in charge of sending to the maintenance technicians SMS alert messages and of communicating between more RDF.
It has an independent power supply
MODEM RACK (M-RACK)
- Nr. 1 Eurocard slot for GSM modem
- Nr. 1 RS232 port to connect a PC or a RDF
- Nr. 1 SMA connector for GSM antenna
- Power supply: via modem RS-232 port
MODEM RACK POWERED (MPW-RACK)
- Nr. 2 Eurocard slot for GSM modem
- Nr. 2 RS232 ports to connect a PC and/or a RDF
- Nr. 2 SMA connector for GSM antenna
- Power supply: 115-230V 50-60Hz